2005 Honda Accord CAR wont start, unless its boosted.

2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130,000KM miles

i live in an eivoroment with below 30 degree celcius temperature for months. Even after keeping my car plugged in ALL the time, it fails to start. It only starts when I give it a boost using another car.

Ones the car starts it keep running and it runs fine but as soon as I turn the engine off even for 30 secs it doesnt start again. Until its boosted.

when my car is parked plugged in "for block heater" after 24 to 48 hours all the inside lights stop working, like they have no power at all. Even the blue safty locking system light goes off and I hv to maually put the key in to the door even to get in to the car. THe car remote doesnt even work. Some people told me its an ALTERNATOR problem and some said its battery failer, but I juss put in brand new battery about 9 months ago.

plz help me in this reguard, and tell me what could be the reason for this problem.

Wednesday, December 31st, 2008 AT 4:12 AM

Hi newcaroldquestions,

When vehicle needs to be boosted, the battery is weak.

The symptoms described shows a weak/bad battery. Cold weather does not help and if the vehicle is left unused for extended period of time, the battery would discharge itself quite fast.

Check the battrty and charging voltage with a voltmeter when engine is running. It should be 13.5 to 15.5 volts.

Friday, January 2nd, 2009 AT 6:03 PM