2004 V6 HONDA ACCORD LX SEDAN AIR CONDITIONING

• John Fugate
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD

I have a 2004 V6 Honda Accord LX 49000 miles that has been having some Air Conditioner problems. Yesterday, when I turned on the air conditioner, I could hear a slight squeel periodically and could smell a burning smell. Today, the A/C doesn't make the squeeling noise or the burning smell but it doesn't cool either. I'm thinking belt right? If so, where exactly is it and is it easily replaced. For a little more amplifying info, the compressor kicks on and everything when the A/C is turned and the fan blows, there's just no cool air.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Respectfully,
John

Friday, December 29th, 2006 AT 7:26 PM

• Bruce Hunt

Check the belts and I believe they will be on the left side of the car when you open the hood. The compressor will have a couple of hoses that come off of it and they are usually insulated and thicker than the power steering hoses.

Saturday, December 30th, 2006 AT 9:35 AM
  • John Fugate

Checked the belt (Serpentine Belt) that runs to/through the Compressor and all is well. I checked my pressure on the low side (fill side) today and it read real high (75 psi). What does that mean? Does it mean that there is too much coolant in the lines/system or can there just be too much pressure and zero coolant?

Thanks again,
John

Saturday, December 30th, 2006 AT 10:29 PM
  • Bruce Hunt

When the compressor kicks on does it make one of the lines real cold? You could have a problem more related to the dampers, doors on the heating cooling system that is not opening.

Sunday, December 31st, 2006 AT 9:54 AM