2004 Honda Accord Automatic V6 56K Help !

RON771
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
I am posting this message before going to Honda dealer to figure out the problem in my car.

I have 2004 Honda Accord Automatic V6 with 56k Miles on it. My question is when I drive my car more then 30 minutes and park my car at uphill or downhill with engine start. When I put my car from Park TO Reverse it hear the noise from engine. It will also happen if turn off and then turn on the engine at the same place.I have not seen this problem in normal parking.
If anyone can help me before I got caught from dealer that will be great of you.
Please drop me your suggessions.

Thanks in Advance !
Saturday, June 30th, 2007 AT 5:46 AM

BRUCE HUNT
It is Monday and maybe I am a little slow this morning. I really had a time trying to follow your post. Sorry.
Monday, July 2nd, 2007 AT 7:51 AM
RON771
Bruce-

Let me explain to you pratically.
Let suppose you driving my car and after a while you have park it on somewhere which has a little upward slope. When you will put the car in reverse gear it sometime make noise which I think gear makes.
You will not hear this sound when park on the straight surface. Remember that my car is automatic.

Let me know if you got this Time
Waiting
Ron
Monday, July 2nd, 2007 AT 8:35 AM
BRUCE HUNT
That is what I thought you were saying but I heard the comment about engine noise. Did you get involved or recieive anything about a Honda class action suit on a similar issue with the tranny? This is a popular complaint but I am not aware of any failures because of it. Do a search for that suit and see if you are included.
Monday, July 2nd, 2007 AT 9:04 AM
RON771
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have seen the honda class action suit it dosen't cover.
Is that can be go if change the transmission oil?
Do you know any side effect of that?

Thanks Again.
Waiting.
Monday, July 2nd, 2007 AT 9:36 AM
BRUCE HUNT
I do not know of any side effects. The tranny fluid change will likely not fix the sound, but when you go to the service counter for the parts (tranny fluid) mention the problem to them. Ask about the side effects and if they have any additives available that will help but not harm.
Monday, July 2nd, 2007 AT 10:18 AM