2001 Honda Accord Honda Accord transmission

BSBRADY58
  • 2001 HONDA ACCORD
My Honda Accord seems to be dragging as I try to accelerate from a stop. It makes a knocking sound, and sometimes it feels like the transmission engages abnormally. Do you have any ideas on what would cause this? I just had the transmission flushed, which I have regularly done since buying the car new. It seems to perform ok when I'm driving down the highway. Just when I pull up to stop, then start out again. I've also noticed that the gas pedal seems to stick when I first start it in the morning, and has to be pressed hard to unlock it. Thanks in advance for your help.
Scott
Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 7:31 PM

MHPAUTOS
HI there, best you get the transmission tested for any faults, dose the car roll freely in neutral? If not you may have a dragging brake, as for the sticky throttle the throttle butterfly in the throttle body needs cleaning, this is a build up of fuel residue which is binding the throttle, you can get a special cleaner to do this job.

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 8:06 PM