2001 Honda Accord Engine will turn over normal, but will no

BRON71
  • 2001 HONDA ACCORD
Drive the car to work, getr ready to go home it will turn over but won't start, let set for a hour or so go back and it well start up. This has been going on for a few weeks. I took the fuel pump out and inspected it it look good. Where do I go next?
Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 AT 9:31 PM

What you need to do is determine if its a fuel or spark problem that's preventing it from starting-Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 12:14 AM
AGARTTHEAN
The older Honda Accords develope a problem with the solder connections at the main relay (PGM-FI-relay). I'm not sure, if by 2001 Honda had solved this. The result is exactly what you describe. It gets worse over time. What happens is that the relay occasionally fails to start up the fuel pump. To repair you just remove the relay (from under the dashboard), take a soldering iron and redo the solder connections.
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 3:17 PM
If its a Honda Accord the ignition switch is recalled 1998-2002 could be the problem
Thursday, July 8th, 2010 AT 5:17 PM