2000 Honda Accord Car won't start at certain times

JFIGPHILA
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
When I start the car first thing in the morning its fine and when I go to places and stay longer than an hour and start the car again its fine but lets say if I just stop by somewhere for about 10 maybe 20 mins and go back to the car it wont start and the engine wont even turn over at all. I usually open the hood up check out if anything is wrong visiblily and just let the car sit for about 10 to 15 mins and then is starts up again. I just had the alternator changed recently but this problem has been happening before that for about more than a year. I went to a Honda dealer and they say its the computer.
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 2:14 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi jfigphila,

If the engine won't even crank, it should not be the ECU. I would suggest checking the battery terminals and connections.
Does the dash lights shows when the engine could not be started.

The other possibility is a faulty ignition switch. There was a recall for ignition switch and I would suggest checking with Honda if your vehicle falls under the category.
Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 AT 2:29 PM