2000 Honda Accord battery draining

BLGIBLIN
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
  • AWD
Having trouble starting car. Got a new battery and my alternator was replaced. Went to start this am and the battery was dead need jumpstarted. Runs after jump started. Took it to dealer a couple of weeks ago they said it was my radio drining power replaced radio still having problems. Also seems like cool ait is always blowing out vent. What to check next?
Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 12:25 PM

The field circuit is controlled by the computer could be a problem there. See below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_alty_honda_1.jpg

Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 3:07 PM
BLGIBLIN
Thanks rasmataz. What do I need to do there?

Here is another bit of info: I ran a test between the negative pole of the battery and the negative cable and pulled fuses until the light went dim. The radio/cigarette lighter fuse makes the light go very dim. The dealer found this too when they checked it out. I replaced the radio but still have the problem. I pulled the cigarette lighter out and it remains disconnected.

I also hear a hissing noise from the passneger footwell. It's like the noise the air conditioner makes but the AC isnt turned on. I get a lot of dripping water under the car when I park it, even on cool (55 degrees) days. I checked and its just water.

If anyone can help, thanks.
Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 4:41 PM
I gave you this because the alternator might not be putting out and you're running only with battery power without the help from the alternator due to a problem with the field generation controlled by the computer-something like a built in voltage regulator not maintaining the output of the alternator.

The best way to check for the parastic drain is to use an ammeter-see below the light should go out when you pull the fuse on the radio/lighter-25milliamps and below is allowable due to the vehicle memories-radio/clock etc.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_parastic_draw_1_1.jpg

+1
Sunday, May 4th, 2008 AT 4:59 PM