2000 F-150 temperature control

JEFFVT
  • 2000 HONDA ACCORD
I have a 2000 f150 xlt 4.3l 5speed, 98,000 miles. My problem is the temperature control. It is stuck on full heat and will not change. According to the haynes manual there is a direct line from the fuse box, but I have no voltage on that line and no fuses are blown and I have continuity to the fuse. At times, if I leave the switch to the full cold, turn the vehicle off and let is sit. It will change to that but will not change to heat. All other functions seem to be working. Any suggestions?
Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 8:23 AM

CHEVYII
Sounds like the control head may be bad,
the bad part is there isnt a whole lot of ways to check it, you can pull it out and locate the pins that work the control and see if you have power when pressed, but other than that we usually replaced them, sorry

thanks
Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 10:13 AM
JEFFVT
I have removed the control and checked it with a meter, it is operating normally. By the way, I have 3 rotary dials for controls and the one I am talking about is the temp adjust from hot to cold. I removed the power plug and had no voltage on it while it was disconnected from the panel, yes the ignition was on and truck running and fan blowing. Etc. Can it be an issue with the blend system? Is this a vacuum or motor operated system and where the heck is iit. Haha
Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 10:39 AM
CHEVYII
This may go back and fourth and be a little redundant but

oh and I thought yours was newer and had the elec panel sorry,
yes your system is vacuum operated, you should be able to look down by the trans hump and see the belnd door vacuum motors, there is one main one by the heater core, the ones you need to look for are black and one is yellow, the vacuum hoses that is, it may turn out to be a blend door broblem, but strat there, hope im helping and not making it worse

thansk
Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 10:53 AM
CHEVYII
Also check number 5 fue 15 amo if its ok

let me know I have a test for ya, you sound like you can use a ohm meter
Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 11:10 AM
JEFFVT
Ok, this makes more sense now. Thank you. I use a meter in my job so I am well versed in it's usage. I have checked the fuses at the panel. Across them and even pulled it out. Ohmed from the power connector to the panel this checks good. No 12v at the connector at the temp control panel.

Thanks for the location of the blend door.I'll check and make sure all is ok there. According to the haynes manual, there is 12v going to the blend door also.I havent checked that yet.
Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 12:05 PM
CHEVYII
If the blend door motors all check out, go to the panel, check the temp control resistance should be 3000 ohms full warm and 300 full cold, #2 wire yellow and green #3 wire red and light green anything else replace the control, there is also an actuator control and harness down there to, everything else checks out there may be a broken wire in the harness, let me know
Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 12:47 PM
JEFFVT
Ok, thanks for your help. But the darn thing started working again. Haha. I'm still going to check the belnd door. Thanks again :roll:
Friday, February 23rd, 2007 AT 5:08 PM
CHEVYII
Thats too funny, no prob on the help,

did you hit me on the feedback and a vote, we all do this for free in our spare time, and to us that is the appreciation part of it, if not its ok

thanks
jim
Friday, February 23rd, 2007 AT 5:22 PM