1999 Honda Accord Power door lock won39t work on both passenger sides

RICHOLA
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD

1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 111000 miles

Hi guys,

My problem is the power door lock on both passenger sides (front and back).
When I use the power door lock switch on driver's side or on the passenger door switch, both passengers side doors won't lock or unlock only clicking sound I can hear on all sides. Using key to open the door will work fine either driver side or passenger side.

When I'm using key to open from driver side, both passenger doors don't work the locks. Yes even a few tries using key they wont locking and unlocking.

I do not know is the problem. Is it the door actuator or the wiring or something else?

Sunday, August 10th, 2008 AT 5:26 AM

KHLOW2008

Hi richola,

It sounds like Both door lock actuators are faulty and need replacement.

Monday, August 11th, 2008 AT 7:43 AM
RICHOLA

Hi KHLow2008,

Im sorry but what do you mean exactly on the first one "wiring circuit from left to right door lock actuators". Could you be more specific?

If no. 1 is the possible problem:
1. How do I find the bad wiring circuit?
2. Is there a test to find the location of bad wiring.
3. Or do I have to take all the door panels off to find the bad wiring? Or just on drivers side?

If no. 2 is the possible problem:
1. Do I have to replace all the door lock actuator?
2. Or only on drivers side?

-2
Monday, August 11th, 2008 AT 1:20 PM
SPIDEREAR

Hi, richola.

I have exactly the same problem you have. I have just replaced actuator for the passenger rear door. It is working like a charm now. Now, the front passenger door is doing the same, once in while. So, it looks like I will need a new actuator there too. It already cost me $46 for the back door. And the dealer wants $60 for the front door.

It seems like there's a known issue here.

You can do this yourself if you want to save some money.

Monday, August 11th, 2008 AT 6:57 PM
KHLOW2008

Hi richola,

Wiring from left to right door actuators means the circuit from the central lock control unit in driver door is broken either due to disconnected wire couplings or broken wires.

To check for bad wirings, you need to check power supply from output, ie, at control unit to input and that is actuator motor. Actuator motor test would confirm if it is the problem.

You need to remove both sides door panel unless you know which wires are for central lock and power supply and can perform test from door pillar connectors.

You need to replace the actuators for passenger side only as they are the ones not working.

Monday, August 11th, 2008 AT 6:58 PM
RICHOLA

I fixed my power door locks. Actuators were the problem on both passenger side. I replaced them with the new ones.
Thanks for the help!

Thursday, August 14th, 2008 AT 3:21 AM