OIL LEAK

1999 Honda Accord

floridagirl

1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

I took my 1999 honda accord in for a routine oil change and was told that I need work performed for an oil leak that costs $1600 because they had to drop the engine and transmission to get to it. I haven't had any oil drips/puddles under my car and 5 years ago had timing belt, water pump, oil seals replaced @ 95,000 miles when I got oil leakage then. Four years ago I had replaced valve cover gasket and distributor o-ring, distributor cap, rotor, and ignition wires due to oil leak also. The work done today to fix the oil leak was: rear main oil seal, balancer shaft seal, cam journal seal, distributor o ring seal (again), retainer, and oil pan gasket. How many more oil leaks can I expect? The car is ten years old and I would have liked to keep it longer because it only has 152,000 miles on it, but now I may need to go new car shopping instead.

Oil Leak From Engine

mhpautos

Hi there,

I would be asking for a full report on what is actually leaking, and then go get a second opinion. I do often wonder about work shops that say you must spends up big with out giving any real details.

Removing Stripped Drain Plug
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Replace Oil Pressure Sensor
Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front