1999 Honda Accord Mysterious Yellow Thick Liquid in the Rad

NAMTAEWOO
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD
I went through a major repair because the car overheated. I replaced the head gasket, head bolts, radiator, radiator cap, and water pump. One week later after about 300 miles, my car temperature passed the halfway point, so I had to stop the car. I found yellow pasty substance in the coolant tank and under the radiator cap (when I opened it). I had it flushed because the mechanic that fixed the car told me that there might be a stop leak in my coolant system and radiator. I have driven the car about 600 miles since the flush, and constantly sucking out the mysterious yellow liquid from my radiator. I have a little over one liter of it that I collected and it floats above the coolant. It's thick, a little slippery, but at the same time, a little sticky. My heater doesn't work I realized. I only get "air", and no heat coming out, but I get a great AC. What is this substance in my car? If I don't suck it out, I am scared that my car will overheat again. How can I fix this?
Thursday, July 2nd, 2009 AT 5:46 PM

JACK42
Could be stop leak still coming out of it. Is it using any motor oil? That would be the only other thing that would make a yellow-ish substance. Also sounds like the heater core or heater valve may be plugged up keeping hot water from getting to the heater core. Have it flushed again, along with tehheater core. Have them remove the heater hoses and verify water if moving through the heater core.
Friday, July 3rd, 2009 AT 8:42 AM