1999 Honda Accord Console/Instrument Panel Lighting

MAWIAH
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD
OK.I'm just about out of resources. I have managed to identify and replace most of the lighting on my instrument panel (behind speedometer, tach, fuel gauge, etc.) With commonly found bulbs at Radio Shack.

However, the bulbs backlighting the LCD panel on the instrument panel and those behind the A/C fan knob and temp knob are proving to be more problematic. I have them all out. Even removed them from the plastic base to ID them. No markings. They are probably 14V, ~3/8"L X 3/16"W + wire leads. Where can you find such a thing? I have e-mailed at least 5 lighting companies that sell mini bulbs. No response. Many appear to have wire terminal bulbs, but the sizes all seem to differ or not fit. Do you have any recommendations. Most lighting sites take you to common applications like side marker, headlights, etc. These are specialty, I'm sure, but no luck.

Taking apart the dash to gain access is proving to be the EASY part of this process!

Any help is appreciiated.
Thursday, October 15th, 2009 AT 2:45 PM

HONDA TECH 1818
The dealer should have the bulbs.
Friday, October 16th, 2009 AT 2:21 AM