1999 HONDA ACCORD ARMING FACTORY ALARM

• __JJ
  • 1999 Honda Accord

1999 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 98000 miles

Took my car to jiffy lube for an oil change today. When I got home, I used the remote to lock the doors and set the factory alarm. The doors locked but the blinkers did not flash and no horn beep indicating the alarm is active. So I tried my wifes remote and same thing. The remotes both lock and unlock the doors but not activate the factory alarm. This function worked by remote only moments before taking my car to jiffy lube. Coincidence? Any help, thanks, JJ

Saturday, December 13th, 2008 AT 10:44 PM

• KHLow2008

Hi JJ,

There is a possibility the audible signal was set to off. Try if the following helps

AUDIBLE SIGNAL
Remote keyless transmitter operation is indicated by the side marker lights, taillights and parking lights flashing once (lock) or twice (unlock). An audible indicator (alarm chirp) can also be programmed. When transmitter battery is replaced, audible indicator will be turned off.

To Switch On Alarm Chirp(s)
1. Using remote transmitter, press and hold trunk release button. Immediately press and hold the lock button.
2. The transmitter LED should light and remain on for one second. After LED goes out, release buttons.

To Switch Off Alarm Chirp(s)
2. The transmitter LED should flash twice. After LED goes out, release buttons.
Remote transmitters may be coded into system.

Sunday, December 21st, 2008 AT 5:44 AM