1998 Honda Accord Shaking and vibrating

MM040100
  • 1998 HONDA ACCORD
At times, when I am accelerating my honda begins to shake and virbrate and knocking. The vibrating is under my feet. It seems like it is coming from the front end. I had the car in the shop and the mechanic was not sure, but suggested changing the rack and pinon. The problem still continued. The check engine light was on, it was determined a bad connection with the O2, that has been fixed and the check engine light is no longer on.
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 AT 10:01 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi Mm040100,

If the vibration occurs between 40 to 50 mph at slight acceleration and decreases or dis appears when accelerator is lifted, you need to check the CV shaft inner joints for wear and lack of lubrication.

If vibration is felt at all accelerating conditions, it could be caused by misfiring, you need to check the spark plug wire, spark plug, distributor and rotor arm.
Sunday, December 14th, 2008 AT 7:16 AM