1997 Honda Accord sensor for cooling fan

WENDYS12
  • 1997 HONDA ACCORD
Recently I had a new sensor installed since my fans weren't staying on when I cut the engine off. Since then the fans don't come on unless the engine gets really hot. My car has never registered up to half way on the heat gauge. Now I will get to halfway between normal and hot. THEN the fans come on. Another thing; it runs fine, no heat problems, at high speeds. At low speeds around town is when the problem occurs. I've had 2 new thermostats and the sensor. Also I had an oil pump gasket blow out and create a very major repair job. Could this have come from the engine getting too warm. It happened two days after it ran hot the first time.
thanks so much! I've spend over 1200 on this car in the past few months. But more than the money i'm tired of being anxious about my car when i'm on the road. I'm a senior lady and travel a lot alone.
thanks! Again!
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 7:36 AM

WRENCHTECH
I don't quite understand what your question is.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 8:30 AM