1997 HONDA ACCORD RADIO AND CIGARETTE LIGHTER DOESN'T WORK

• ukrocks2011
  • 1997 Honda Accord

1997 Honda Accord 57,000 miles

I drive a 97 Honda Accord 4 door with roughly 57,000 miles on it.

Heres my problem. I was driving down the road one day and I used my cigarette lighter to light a cigar. About 20 minuites later, my radio stops working and the cigarette lighter went out as well. I pop the hood and I find a missing fuse. I put in a new fuse for that spot. I go back and turn on the radio, and it still doesn't work. The weird thing is my clock still works. Is it a short, I am assuming its an electrical short? How much should I pay to fix it?

Sunday, May 25th, 2008 AT 3:00 PM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

you say you found a missing fuse, this wont be the problem, there will be a blown fuse, have a look, if you cant locate it, re post and I will post a pic of the fuse locations.

Sunday, May 25th, 2008 AT 5:47 PM
  • ukrocks2011

I meant blown fuse. I checked the fuse and they all tested fine. I assume theres a short there because I beleive my circuit got shorted when the fuse blew the first time around?

Sunday, May 25th, 2008 AT 8:33 PM
  • KHLow2008

Hi there,

The clock uses a separate fuse.

The radio fuse should be underdash and in your case, you better pull the cigar lighter out before putting the new fuse as I suspect it is at fault.

Monday, May 26th, 2008 AT 6:57 AM
  • joehickey

Hi there - i'm having the same problem - I checked all the fuses under the dash and replaced a blown fuse but still no radio or cigarette lighter. Could you give me the row number and position of the relevant fuse? Thanks

Monday, September 8th, 2008 AT 8:06 AM