RADIO AND CIGARETTE LIGHTER DOESN'T WORK

1997 Honda Accord

ukrocks2011

May, 25, 2008 AT 3:00 PM

1997 Honda Accord 57,000 miles

I drive a 97 Honda Accord 4 door with roughly 57,000 miles on it.

Heres my problem. I was driving down the road one day and I used my cigarette lighter to light a cigar. About 20 minuites later, my radio stops working and the cigarette lighter went out as well. I pop the hood and I find a missing fuse. I put in a new fuse for that spot. I go back and turn on the radio, and it still doesn't work. The weird thing is my clock still works. Is it a short, I am assuming its an electrical short? How much should I pay to fix it?

mhpautos

May, 25, 2008 AT 5:47 PM

Hi there,

you say you found a missing fuse, this wont be the problem, there will be a blown fuse, have a look, if you cant locate it, re post and I will post a pic of the fuse locations.

ukrocks2011

May, 25, 2008 AT 8:33 PM

I meant blown fuse. I checked the fuse and they all tested fine. I assume theres a short there because I beleive my circuit got shorted when the fuse blew the first time around?

May, 26, 2008 AT 6:57 AM

Hi there,

The clock uses a separate fuse.

The radio fuse should be underdash and in your case, you better pull the cigar lighter out before putting the new fuse as I suspect it is at fault.

joehickey

September, 8, 2008 AT 8:06 AM

Hi there - i'm having the same problem - I checked all the fuses under the dash and replaced a blown fuse but still no radio or cigarette lighter. Could you give me the row number and position of the relevant fuse? Thanks

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Blend Door Actuator Replacement