1996 Honda Accord Severly Leaks oil when running

VICTORAPACHECO
  • 1996 HONDA ACCORD
About 2 weeks ago, I started seeing oil spots under my car-just a few. I looked for any visible leaks but could not find any, just a little oil on the bottom front of the oil pan. I cleaned it off and went on my way. Yrsturday, I noticed a huge oil pool under the oil filte area. I have check most everything that I know to check. Could it be the oil pressure switch, distributor, etc? There is oil pretty much every where on the back side of the engine, transmission, etc. The oil stops leaking after the car has stopped running for about 5 or so minutes. But when I crank it up again, a steady drip to almost stream starts back again. Can you help?
Monday, January 7th, 2008 AT 8:39 AM

MASTERTECHTIM
What is probably leaking is the oil filter adapter o ring. If you see oil leaking from what appears to be the oil filter or just above it. Very simple cheap repair. Remove oil filter then remove stud where the oil filter would screw onto. The housing will come down and there is a thick o ring right there. Replace the o ring, yours is cracked. Honda dealer has part for about 10 bucks.
Monday, January 7th, 2008 AT 9:42 AM