1995 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 104000 miles
Hi! First of all, if I had a dollar to my name right now I WOULD donate. Anyway, on Chirstmas Eve I was at a friends house and my car was making a loud noise when I started it (when it is normally pretty quiet). It was coming from the starter which was making a racket and I asked my friends neighbor who also had the same model car if he had any idea what the noise was. He told me he thought that my starter was stuck and I needed to get home FAST! There was also an electircal burning smell and a littel bit of smoldering smoke coming also from the general area of the starter. Well I only lived a mile away so I proceeded home. As I was turning into the entrance to my apartment complex the car completely cut off. NO power whatsoever. So I ended up purchasing a warrantied starter off eBay and I'm about to install it tomorrow. However, I was told the same symptoms can come from an ignition switch that was stuck/gone bad and if that is the problem I could burn my new starter up. I also have had some mechanics that are puzzled by the fact that I have no power whatsoever. Is there another problem here and how can I find out? Could it be the battery? Or a loose or grounded wirre. Alternator? Ignition switch? How should I proceed? Since I have NO money right now I have to do this myself. If you could help me I would really, really appreciate it! Thanks alot!
have the same problem?
Sunday, January 24th, 2010 AT 3:37 AM