1994 Honda Accord Gears

DELENCIA
  • 1994 HONDA ACCORD
My car is having trouble switching to the 3rd gear. It will switch however every now and then. Its like the car has a mind of its on. Sometimes it doesnt want to start. The transmission fluid looks good. The car isnt smoking. Fuses have been replaced. I was told it needed a wheel barrow but that was before this problem started to occur. I drove the car from Lithonia, ga to Athens, ga and it ran fine until 2 days later. What could the problem be?
Saturday, August 28th, 2010 AT 5:19 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi Delencia,

Is the D4 light blinking while driving? If yes, an error has been detected and you need to retrieve the trouble code.

It could be a faulty Transmission Control Module, shift solenoids or Throttle Position Sensor.

If slipping occurs when 3rd gear is engaged, then the 3rd clutch is bad and if it is intermittent, it means it is failing and would sometimes work.
Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 12:51 PM