1993 Honda Accord

FRANI
  • 1993 HONDA ACCORD
1993 Honda Accord

My 1993 Honda Accord automatic trani is acting up. When I first start my car it works fine, then as I'm going down the road if it goes to downshift it acts like it goes into neutral. Sometimes if you manually downshift it, it's fine until it tries to shift into another gear. If I pull over and shut the car off then start it back up it will be fine for a minute then it starts acting up again. I've had people tell me it's my transmission speed sensor and I've had people tell me my clutches in my trani are shot. Please give me some advise about this problem
Sunday, May 3rd, 2009 AT 4:29 AM

MMPRINCE4000
It has a shift control cable that regulates hydraulic pressure in trans. It is most likely binding or out of adjustment.

This is a detailed repair, if you intend to do it yourself, use car repair link in this thread or get a Hanyes manual.

Attend to this ASAP, low pressure caused by the shift cable will very quickly cause and internal leak and ruin the trans.
Sunday, May 3rd, 2009 AT 7:15 AM