1992 Honda Accord Shaky when warm idle or when shift gears

MOLSONCANADIAN
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
Hi there, I have a Honda accord, and when it warms up or trying to shift from park to reverse it starts to shake vigorously like its about to have a piston stop working or something, the RPM falls well under 800 and the oxy sensor has died out twice, does any one know the cause of all this?

I have a feeling that the shaking when the idle is warm is the result of a bad PCV valve, could this be it?

But I have no clue whats causing the oxygen sensor to die off so quickly, I'm not using any heavy-duty additives or anything.

I need this fixed before the engine stalls and causes more problems, everything else on the engine seems to be fine, but I did do a tune up, but did not do any adjustments, can you please show me how to them them if there are any mandatory?

Thanks a million in advance!
Monday, July 26th, 2010 AT 8:56 PM

MOLSONCANADIAN
Hi I just changed the PCV Valve, but no difference, although there was oil in PCV valve and no rattle.

Thanks.
Wednesday, July 28th, 2010 AT 8:04 PM
MERLIN2021
Did this happen before the tune up? Or has problem occurred after the tune up? What was replaced during the tune up?
Thursday, July 29th, 2010 AT 5:29 PM
MOLSONCANADIAN
It started happening last week, I tuned up a month ago: plugs, wires, filters, distributor, rotor.

Now for some reason it starts to vibrate when warm engine and between change gears, (ex. R -->D, etc.)

and there was some oil in clogged PCV valve, you think I should get the throttle bore cleaned, Please show me a diagram of how to, if I should.
Thanks, Molsoncanadian.
Thursday, July 29th, 2010 AT 7:14 PM
MERLIN2021
Is the service(check) engine light on?
Thursday, July 29th, 2010 AT 7:16 PM
MOLSONCANADIAN
Nope, but it was on when the oxygen sensor died for the second time, but I got it fixed, it turned on after about the first 5-10 min of driving, but now I got the CEL cleared-out of the way.
Thursday, July 29th, 2010 AT 7:33 PM
MERLIN2021
Best and easiest way to clean throttle body is with spray TBI cleaner. Check the idle air control valve on the side of it and remove any carbon in it with the spray cleaner.
Thursday, July 29th, 2010 AT 7:38 PM
MOLSONCANADIAN
Will WD-40 work or anything else sitting in the garage?
I got a carburetor cleaner (spray)
Thursday, July 29th, 2010 AT 7:43 PM
MERLIN2021
Use only throttle body cleaner, carb spray may strip off the teflon coating and cause more problems.
Friday, July 30th, 2010 AT 6:52 AM