1992 Honda Accord Replaced Main Relay & Have New Proble

FINALLY26
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
After having the Honda problem where the car won't start and the "D" blinks on the transmission pattern on the dash, I found a great article explaining how the Main Relay is often the cause of this as the resistance changes due to poor/cold solder joints on the baord from the factory, allowing so much juice through it places the car into "limp mode".
I replaced the Relay and the car started great. I drove 1 mile and came to a stop sign. As soon as the car came to a stop (in drive) it started to run very rough. It won't stall but sounds like it is missing. I nursed it back home.
Any idea if something further down could have fried now due to "stronger relay", or any ideas what to check next?
no engine lights or codes showing.

Saturday, June 26th, 2010 AT 2:57 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi finally26,

Thank you for the donation.

There is no such thing as a stronger relay. The work of the relay is to control power supply to the ECU and fuel pump.

We need to understand what is causing the problem and it could be something different and nott related to this.

Did you check the spark plugs, wires and distributor?
Is the Check Engine Light indicating?
Is the D4 light blinking?
Sunday, June 27th, 2010 AT 1:21 PM