1992 Honda Accord park and drive lights

LAD2870
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
Hi! I have a strange problem. When I start my car up in especially humid days and I am in park, my drive light is also on. When I take off, the car is slow to get up to the right gear. Then it evens out. I took my car to the dealer and they hooked my transmission up to the computer and they said my transmission was fine. The car sometimes will stay in the wrong gear and will not shift. Sometimes even the green drive light will disappear while I am driving. Maybe you have an idea of what is wrong. Thanks!
Sunday, July 20th, 2008 AT 12:50 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi LAD2870,

If the D mode light should go off as with the Check engine light when in park, if not, there should be something wrong with the wires, relays, trans sensors or TCM.

Since the dealer is unable to find any problem, it could be an intermittent power supply failure.

If you have difficulty starting occasionally, then it could be caused by the main relay.
Monday, July 21st, 2008 AT 5:18 PM