1992 Honda Accord d4 light stays on -occasionaly blinks - n

ROBYNRAE
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
Warranty problem
1992 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive 157, 00 miles

I just bought a honda accord lx and the transmision is not shifting correctly (98% of the time) There are several different things it has been doing (all of them involve the d4 light) Most of the time the d4 light stays on -no matter what gear your in-I have had it 2or3 times start blinking while I am driving it and then it acts like it wants to die-or sometimes this has happened also the d4 light goes completly off while I am driving it and so none of the gears are lit up! I tok it to brake check and they did a free diagnostics on it and told me the code it was giving their computer was that the selenoids were possibly dirty or bad altogether? I ahve done some research and nothing I have read has mentioned anything about the selenoids being related to this problem (most everything says that I most likely have a bad computer for the transmission? SPONSORED LINKS
Thursday, August 28th, 2008 AT 12:10 PM

In electronic controlled transmission these sensors coolant temperature sensor, throttle position sensor and vehicle speed sensors are use to send signals to the transmission control module to provide upshifts/downshifts/overdrive and lock up-without these proper signals to the TCM it will not command the solenoid/s accordingly as programmed. Get these sensors check out for proper operation.
Thursday, August 28th, 2008 AT 1:45 PM