1991 Honda Accord Won't Start/turnover

91HONDA
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
I am having trouble with my car intermittently not starting. When I turn the key to the run position there is a slight click, but the starter doesn't engage. It truly seems random, sometimes if I try to keep starting it over and over, it starts, other times it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, (distance, length of trip, weather, etc) except that if it sits for awhile it seems to always start.

Also, in the last year I have replaced the starter, ignition relay, and finally the ignition. The problem seems to go away but then occurs again so I am assuming it never really goes away. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Monday, April 14th, 2008 AT 10:20 AM

BRUCE HUNT
The first direction that I would head you is to look at the battery connection. The terminals can allow the accessories to run and some times the starter. But the starter is a big draw item and a seemingly good connection can be not that good. The connection to the battery has to be very good, clean and tight. Look at this first and replace the terminal(s) if bad.
Monday, April 14th, 2008 AT 12:59 PM