1991 Honda Accord jump start

CHINESEBO3
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
1991 Honda Accord

i recently just bought this car from my cousin. It hasnt passed smog its a 1991 honda accord.I know that there is something wrong with the emission system. Maybe because is hasnt converted to the 1996 emission requirements which was recently changed in the smog system maken it more harder for cars to pass I havent yet got the smog report to know what was the graphical chart of what, pollution it was giving to much out of I just know it was 2x the limit.I was thinkin the catylac converter was old and needed to be upgraded sense mines is a 91 an the requirements are 96 would it automatically fail.
also the car needs to be jumped every time to start. The battery is basically new but I know theres no problem that exist in the battery///what problems beside dirty cabel holders that can cause this problem
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 9:01 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi CHINESEBO3,

Get the charging system checked.
Friday, January 29th, 2010 AT 3:25 PM