1990 Honda Accord wont star in hot weather

DREK
  • 1990 HONDA ACCORD
My car will not start in hot weather, if I poor cold water on the engine it fires right up, does anyone have a solution?
Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 AT 9:02 PM

You got a very strange problem here-okay do below to find out what's causing it when its too hot for it to start-again its very strange

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing
Thursday, September 23rd, 2010 AT 11:54 PM
PITCREW94
It sound like you have a Ignitor problem. The Ignitor is inside the distributor. It's cheaper if you go to a Wrecking Yard and get a good used Distributor.
Sunday, September 26th, 2010 AT 10:31 AM
KHLOW2008
Get the PGM-FI main relay checked. That is the most like cause and is a known problem. The relay soldered joints tends to crack and when weather is hot, the contacts becomes bad causing the non starting as the fuel pump is not commanded to work.
.
Sunday, September 26th, 2010 AT 11:12 AM