1990 Honda Accord transmission slippage

MADMAX642
  • 1990 HONDA ACCORD
I have a 1990 honda accord that is having transmission I problems I figure. It will crank up fine but when you shift into gear it will drive a short distance maybe a 100 feet and then it just slips out of gear and will not move, like its in neutral. I can turn the ignition off and crank it back up and make it another 100 feet and it will do the same thing. Does anyone know what might be the problem? Im hoping it doesnt need a new transmission, although ive heard they run forever.
Sunday, November 15th, 2009 AT 11:16 PM

MHPAUTOS
HI there,

Best you try and get this inspected by a transmission specialist, you may be doing more damage driving it, just check the fluid level and condition first.

Sunday, November 15th, 2009 AT 11:43 PM
WEEBLES97
I have the same problem have u had any advice.
Monday, November 23rd, 2009 AT 10:23 PM
MHPAUTOS
This will have to be checked by a trans specialist as they have the special tooling required to do this work, general mechanics won't be able to offer the same service, just firstly check the oil level & condition and make sure that the selector cable is working correctly and moving freely.

Monday, November 23rd, 2009 AT 10:28 PM
WEEBLES97
There is a screen in trans that gets cloged the only way to fix it is take out trans and overhaul trans. Thats what I found out with same problem. When u drive the screen gets cloged then when u turn off car the stuff falls off screen and over and over
Thursday, November 26th, 2009 AT 1:23 PM