1990 Honda Accord green sports light stays on

LEMONELLA
  • 1990 HONDA ACCORD
When car is started the green sports light comes on and remains on. There is a ticking sound that also occurs that one can easily hear comiing from under the hood of the car. Sound is not there when driving. However, there is no transmission change. Took car to transmission place. They could not read the codes, told me car is in "fail safe mode" and will not change gears. They think it might be an electrical problem. Battery, alternator all new. Battery 3 months old, alternator 3 months old. Practically everything under the hood has been replaced. Do you think this is an electrical problem?
Tuesday, February 12th, 2008 AT 11:04 PM

LEMONELLA
1990 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 118100 miles

:P
Thursday, February 21st, 2008 AT 5:14 PM
You should have them check the throttle and vehicle speed sensors-this 2 inputs signals to the computer as an indication of throttle and governor pressure and in turn the computer commands a given shift solenoid to come in play to provide the upshifts/downshifts/lock-up etc.
Thursday, February 21st, 2008 AT 5:19 PM
LEMONELLA
Thank you 2carpros.

Mgrant :wink:
Friday, February 22nd, 2008 AT 7:05 PM
CCHOSKINS
You need a new TCU. Trasmission control unit. I replaced one in my 1990 Accord and it worked perfectly.
Thursday, April 3rd, 2008 AT 4:35 PM