1990 Honda Accord gauges arent working

NIKESTER44
  • 1990 HONDA ACCORD
Hi, I was putting in a new radio and my ignition turn on wire wasnt working, I didnt know there was 2 fuse panels in my car, and all the fuses were fine in the one, well I took my dash apart to find where the wire went. I found another igntion turn on wire going into my guages and plugged a wire from that one to my stereo and it worked but than shorted out my dash gauges. When I figured out there was another fuse panel I replaced a blown fuse and my stereo works now but my gauges still dont. I know its not a ground wire becuase the lights work to the same cluster when I put a light tester to the battery wire, but the ignition turn on wire wont. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. Help me please
thanks
nick
Tuesday, August 5th, 2008 AT 6:58 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi Nick,

After trying a few times I gave up trying to understand what you were trying to explain.

1. Is it the gauges that were not working or the dash lights?
2. You applied power to the meter cluster lights or gauges?
3. Are the taillights working?
Saturday, August 16th, 2008 AT 11:28 PM
NIKESTER44
To answer your questions
3. Are the taillights working?
1. The dash lights work fine but none of the gauges do. (Speed, tach, odometer, gas and temp gauges)
2. I applied power to one of the clusters going into the gauges. It was the cluster that is at the bottom left of my gauges. Obviously that cluster affects whats now shorted im guessing.
3. My tailights and brake lights work.
Sorry for being unclear again, and thanks for responding. Still cant figure it out.
Nick
Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 AT 6:03 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi nikester44,

Check # 1 (10A) fuse underdash.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_Accord90FuseBoxDash_1.jpg

+3
Wednesday, August 20th, 2008 AT 9:44 AM
NIKESTER44
O my goodness that worked! The fuse didnt even looked blown, that must have been my problem, I looked at them all like 3 times and they all looked fine but it is working now, thank you so much, you are awesome. Saved me alot of money and time!
Nick
Wednesday, August 20th, 2008 AT 5:02 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi nikester44,

You are welcomed.

The best way to test fuses are with a test lamp, looks can be deceiving.

Have a nice day. :)
Thursday, August 21st, 2008 AT 7:30 AM