1988 Holden Barina ENGINE STALLED

FMONZON
  • 1988 HOLDEN BARINA
Engine stalled when I shift the gear to drive. Even I increase the revs in the carburator.
Thursday, May 21st, 2009 AT 4:39 AM

RACEFAN966
OK I have no info on your car so I need to ask some questions so I can try to help you. Is you car carburated or injected? How does it stall does just cut off like you turned off the key or does it act like it running out of gas.
Friday, May 22nd, 2009 AT 10:47 AM
FMONZON
My engine is fine when in neutral but when I shift it will stalled. I can drive it when I step on gas pedal and control it with brake is on. I got G13A engine
Friday, May 22nd, 2009 AT 11:07 PM
RACEFAN966
OK good but a G13A tells me nothing as I have no data base on this car it wasn't made for the states. I know it is an Izusu power plant so I intend to use that to try to help with you problem. I do need to know if it is injection or carburation? Get back to me with that so I can try to help.
Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 AT 8:40 AM
FMONZON
My car is carburettor, I cannot adjust to idle. I think my RPM high that is why, I have a problem when shiffting in to gear. For example from park when moving to reverse or sometimes to drive, the engine stop. I find it revs must be high but I could not adjust it to take it down. I don't hame RPM or tachometer to know how high it run.
Monday, May 25th, 2009 AT 4:31 AM
RACEFAN966
Ok so I would check the idle control soloniod and mixture control soloniod. Could you include a pic or two of your carburator so I can see what all is on it for controls? Thanks.
Monday, May 25th, 2009 AT 9:48 AM