I recently discovered that squirrels had crawled under the hood of my car and chewed through a lot of the wiring. One evening I tried to start the car and the key would only turn in the ignition, didn't click or anything. All the lights turned on and the wipers worked, but the engine would not turn over. I went from thinking that the battery was dead to deciding that I needed a new starter, until finally discovering that the tree rats had made a meal of my wiring. I had to have the wiring harness replaced, and now the heater is only blowing cold air (for the most part, it started blowing warm air intermittently the longer I drove the car the other night), and the temp gauge is moving up and down slowly but constantly the entire time I'm driving the car. Then, last night, I was going to apply my brakes at a red light and I felt a weird resistance then what felt like something coming loose and the check engine light came on. Again! I'm wondering if the mechanic did not put something back correctly when he was replacing the wiring harness, because the heater issue is new, and then, the check engine light incident had occurred once before, which I think is when the squirrels first started eating the wiring. That was about two months before the car wouldn't start that night.
have the same problem?
Sunday, January 26th, 2014 AT 4:57 AM