Heater blowing warm upper vent, cold below

5640
  • 2013 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
My heat was working fine. After work I noticed it was blowing warm air in the upper vent and cold in lower. The vents that are around my feet and knees was cold. I tried every button and even the air and it did not change this. What the heck?
Thursday, January 9th, 2020 AT 8:14 PM

JIS001
For this concern you will need an advance scan tool to try and re-calibrate all the servos. That is the first step. If it does not calibrate then a fault code will set for the faulty servo. What you can try and it may or may not work is disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. Reconnect the battery and turn the ignition switch on with out cranking the engine over for one minute. It may just do a self calibration on its own. Let us know if that resolves the issue. If it does not then you will need a professional shop to do the calibration with the scan tool.
Thursday, January 9th, 2020 AT 10:43 PM
5640
Thank you. I just had to dump $2,800.00 into a month ago. The whole drive train thing took a crap. I am not a car person but it was a large unit that was too big to ship quickly and it sent the signal from the back to the front tires. I have never had any issues with this vehicle and purchased when it had 20,000 miles on it. Always kept the servicing up. Thinking maybe I need to get rid of it!
Friday, January 10th, 2020 AT 4:08 AM
KEN

It sounds like the mode actuator is out. here is a guide to help you see what's going on and instructions to change the actuator in the diagrams below for your car:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.

Monday, January 13th, 2020 AT 1:35 PM
5640
Thank you Ken! I will look and see if I can do it.
Monday, January 13th, 2020 AT 4:41 PM
KEN
Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 AT 10:13 AM

Sponsored links