Heater blowing very little heat

MARILYN MILLER
  • 2002 JEEP LIBERTY
Heater was over to max on the control dial some heat not much. Had heater core flushed out twice. No overheating. Light does not come on when car starts. The thermostat goes to the middle of the gauge and stays there. Have pulled out the glove box door and listened to hear if the bend door actuator is working and it does. Does my vehicle have a heat control valve on it? The shop that was working on it is stumped as to what is going on. Should I have the thermostat valve replaced anyway?
Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 AT 7:38 AM

MARILYN MILLER
Top hose running hot. The bottom hose is running cold that runs to the heater core.
Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 AT 10:37 AM
STEVE W.
Sounds like the core is plugged. The Liberty uses a parallel flow design instead of the older single loop. When you flush them you could be pushing water through two of the paths but the rest are blocked. The picture shows the coolant flow and how flushing doesn't really work on that style core.
+1
Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 AT 1:07 PM