Headlights not working

BLUEYES410421
  • 1995 JEEP CHEROKEE
My head lights are not working, but my running lights come on. Also, the high beam switch won't stay on High beams, I can click it back and hold it in and the high beams stay on, but as soon as I let go they turn off. The result is I have no head lights, help please.
Monday, February 1st, 2016 AT 9:36 AM

WRENCHTECH
That's not really high beams that you are switching on. That is the "flash to pass" feature and it works without the headlights being on. You need to start testing the circuit with a test light while following a wiring diagram to find out where you are losing the signal.
Monday, February 1st, 2016 AT 11:15 AM
BLUEYES410421
The "flash to pass" is on the turn signal thing and normally I can click that back and it will go to high beams, but it won't stay in the high beam position. The main problem is I don't have head lights unless I hold the "flash to pass" the whole time I am driving, so could that be a fuse causing the head lights not to work, or the headlight switch, or like you said wiring?
Monday, February 1st, 2016 AT 11:20 AM
WRENCHTECH
Not likely but you should always test all the fuses first.
Monday, February 1st, 2016 AT 12:03 PM
BLUEYES410421
So, what you are saying is that it's probably the wiring, correct? Sorry for the questions, I do know a lot about fixing cars, but when it comes to the wiring, yeah, not so much.
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016 AT 7:21 AM
WRENCHTECH
No, I didn't say it was probably anything. You admit you don't know much about cars but you are trying to diagnose a complicated electrical problem. This is really beyond your ability and you will need a shop to diagnose it for you.
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016 AT 7:30 AM
BLUEYES410421
No, I didn't say I didn't know a lot about fixing cars, I said "I do" know a lot about fixing them, but when it comes to the wiring, I don't. I was trying to see if it could be something other then the wiring, if anyone else had been through this, sorry you think I am totally oblivious, but thank you for your help.
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016 AT 8:07 AM
WRENCHTECH
Nobody said you were oblivious but if you think you are capable of following the circuit on a wiring diagram, I'll give you one.
Does your truck have daytime running lights?
-1
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016 AT 8:49 AM
BLUEYES410421
No my jeep only has the running lights that you turn on with the same switch as the headlights and they work just fine, it's just the headlights that are not coming on. And yes, I am perfectly capable of following the circuit on a wiring diagram and would appreciate if you could do that, thanks.
+1
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 AT 7:02 AM
WRENCHTECH
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa448/Wrenchtech/57425746.jpg.gif

https://www.2carpros.com/images/external/57425747.jpg.gif
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 AT 8:07 AM
BLUEYES410421
Thank you so much, that helps me a ton. I really appreciate your help and hopefully other people are just as grateful for you help. If I have any other questions after we go through all of this, I will be back, but I am really hoping I don't have any more.
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 AT 8:28 AM
WRENCHTECH
Good luck
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2016 AT 8:48 AM