Hard starting and erratic idle

DAVID ORTEGA
  • 1999 MAZDA MIATA
My car is have difficulty starting it up. Once it is started I can smell fuel and it will idle erratically and want to stall out. I have to continuously rev it up and down for about five minutes until it warms up. Once it warms up it will idle around 1000 rpm and drive okay, but I do notice some lag when I take of from a stopped position or when I jump on the gas. When I turn it off I can restart it within five minutes with little problems. If I leave it off for more than five minutes, like going into the store and shop and then try and restart, it will not. I have to leave it off for like fifteen to thirty minutes and keep trying to turn it over before it starts. I have changed the TPS, IAC, Intake manifold temperature sensor, crank position sensor, cam position sensor, map sensor, mass air control senor, ignition coil, plugs and wires, cleaned out the throttle body and EGR valve and still have this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thursday, March 15th, 2018 AT 7:47 AM

MHPAUTOS
I would get the injectors flow tested, sounds as if one may be leaking or has a blocked pintel.
+1
Thursday, March 15th, 2018 AT 8:38 PM

Sponsored links