Handbrake on when it is not

ANONYMOUS
  • 2000 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT
I recently had an ignition interlock installed on my passat, before I left the installer's shop I noticed the dash stating the handbrake was applied and the loud annoying beeping that accompanies the warning. The installer told me it was most likely just low brake fluid. It is not the brake fluid, the handbrake is released. The installer clearly messed something up. Is the vehicle safe to drive in this condition?
Sunday, July 21st, 2013 AT 1:30 PM

EXOVCDS
Could be a faulty ignition switch. I have seen the hand brake light stay on when the switch is bad on Jetta's and Golf's.

Thomas
Sunday, July 21st, 2013 AT 3:30 PM
EXOVCDS
Any luck?

My advice is free. Don't be scared to reply. It's also polite.

Thomas
Monday, July 22nd, 2013 AT 9:26 PM
I asked if it was safe to drive
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 AT 5:18 AM
EXOVCDS
There's a liability issue. Diagnosing can't be done with a keyboard, that's why they have repair shops.

If I say it's ok and you get into an accident, I'm not gonna want to get hounded down.

Take it back to the guy or find someone better. Common sense.
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 AT 8:03 AM
So you don't know. And your a dueshbag, thank you for your infinite wisdom.
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 AT 9:14 AM
EXOVCDS
I already told you what the problem is "Ignition switch".

LOL. Hope you have more luck with an expert.
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 AT 9:21 AM
MHPAUTOS
No need to get nasty nasty, I feel that the problem is not as bad as you think, very possibly it is just a wiring issue, and the installer should do the correct thing and re check his work, with this type of problem it is very difficult to hit the problem on the head we can only advise what we feel is the correct avenue to look at, many electrical problem do need to be inspected first hand so please do not be too harsh if you don't get a definitive answer, sometimes it is just not possible for a computer keyboard.
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2013 AT 6:18 PM