2002 GMC Yukon AC is warm when stopping

FILTHYG8603
  • 2002 GMC YUKON
On hot days my 2002 Yukon's AC blows significantly warmer when stopped than while moving. I have a small coolant leak, but it does this even when the radiator is topped off. Any ideas?
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 6:33 PM

EDWARD.S
HI, First I'd Check That You Have Enough Freon First. And I'd Look At The Pressures Low And High, If All That Was ok. I'd Check The Radiator Fan clutch. If All The Above Is Ok. Then I'd Put A Thermometer in The Dash vent, And check The Temperature. Let Say Vent Temp. At idle On A 90 Degree Day Is 48 Degrees. When you drive it down the road it goes to 40 Degrees, Which Is By The way Normal. You Stop And Let it Idle For a While. And it Goes Back up to 48 Degrees, The Reason for this Is One, The Radiator, and The condenser Are Very large, And Very close Together. When Your Not Moving It Just Too Much Heat For The Clutch Fan To Remove. To Test my Theory, The Condenser Get Hot To Begin With. Take Your Hose Turn On The Water Slow And Wet Down The Condenser Now Watch The Temperature Drop In The Car. As The condenser Cools Down It will Get Cooler Inside. What You Can Do To help Keep The Condenser Cooler is To Install A Pusher Fan . It's A Electric Fan That Will Pull The Heat Off The condenser. It Mounts To The Condenser. This Should Help On 90 Plus Degree Days, Also A Partially Clogged Radiator will Make The Car Run Hotter. That Is the problem With large Radiators

Hope This Helps You,
Good Luck

Edward S.
Sunday, July 18th, 2010 AT 7:25 PM