2002 GMC Truck engine runs rough

IMBGDAUG
  • 2002 GMC TRUCK
My friends gmc truck started running very rough and in 2 days he couldnt get more than 15 mph. I changed plugs, wires and fuel filter and it didnt help. It almost seemed to get worse. In park or neutral you can rev it up and it runs rough but under a load, like in reverse or drive it goes nowhere. He doesnt maintain it well at all. He doesnt drive much, maybe once or twice a week, and not far. Any ideas or sugestions would be very helpful. Thank you
Friday, September 18th, 2009 AT 10:05 PM

MICKEY-D
Did you have it scanned? That would point you in the right direction. Check for any big vacuum leaks, like to the brake booster, bad PCV valve(ball could have come out). You might not be getting the whole story on this problem either. It could have been getting worse over a longer time frame, in which case I would say it has a few bad lobes on the camshaft. Good luck.
Thursday, December 31st, 2009 AT 10:44 PM