2006 GMC Sierra CAB Heater Blower

SHINY
  • 2006 GMC SIERRA
When the heater blower is turned off and even when the truck is shut down and the key removed, the blower continues to operate.
I have removed the fuse in order to save the batteries while the truck is not in operation.
I need to know where to look for a possible sticking relay or a dead short to ground or anything else that I need to check.

Friday, January 30th, 2009 AT 9:45 AM

BRIAN 1
Replace the blower motor resistor and connector, this is a very common problem. Post back with any other questions.
Friday, January 30th, 2009 AT 3:40 PM
SHINY
Greatly appreciate the response. Hope this isn't too dumb of a question but I'm sligtly electrically impaired?)
Where do I find these little creatures? I'm not even sure where to look for the blower.

Thanks again
Friday, January 30th, 2009 AT 11:29 PM
BRIAN 1
Its on the pass side under the dash, there is a sheild under it, take it off and its wright there.
Saturday, January 31st, 2009 AT 9:08 AM
SHINY
Hey man, I finally got that resistor replaced and problem solved. Really appreciate you help. Sure was hard getting the part. They make quite a few different ones.
But thanks again.

Cheers
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 12:42 PM