A/C blower does not work

ENJOY425
  • 2006 GMC SIERRA
I turn the fan switch from low to high and nothing is happening, nothing blowing out the vents, I have no heat ac or defrost. Usually you can hear the fan motor going when on but there is no noise, nothing. I have checked all fuses and they are okay. Just wondering if it could be the resister or the blower motor. I have not checked to see if there is power to the resister or motor. The fan just stopped working no warning or any type of noise just quit, maybe the switch. I am hoping someone could guide me in the right direction before I start taking things apart. Your help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Gary
Thursday, May 20th, 2010 AT 9:38 PM

It sounds like you have a blower motor power resistor has gone out, but to be sure here is a guide to show you how to test it and a diagram below to help you see what it will be like for your truck:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/blower-fan-motor-works-on-high-speed-only

I added the wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works.

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
+1
Thursday, May 20th, 2010 AT 10:34 PM
ENJOY425
I check the blower motor to the battery it works fine. So I checked out the guide and figured out the power resistor has bad. I got a new one for $78.00. All fixed!
Thanks, Gary
+1
Friday, May 21st, 2010 AT 8:12 AM
Nice work, we are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.

Cheers
+2
Friday, May 21st, 2010 AT 4:24 PM
12533
  • 2006 GMC SIERRA
Blower motor went out. Changed 40 amp fuse. Blower still not working cannot locate blower motor.
Monday, July 16th, 2018 AT 7:38 PM (Merged)
It is below right side of dash.
SIERRA336
  • 2005 GMC SIERRA
The heater blows hot air, but the fan blows like it is on low even when it is on max.
Check the blower control processor by blower motor, it may be bad. Have a mechanic scan for codes to see if that is the problem and not control module. See picture.
+1
CLARAUX
  • 2005 GMC SIERRA
Heater problem V8 four wheel drive automatic 40,000 miles.

My heater/fan switch will work only on 3. 1, 2, 4 and 5 will not work.
KAYZOEZAN
2005 Sierra. Driver side blows hot air, passenger side blows cold air when air conditioner is on.
KEN

You have a blend door actuator that is out from the drivers side. Here is a guide that will show you how to fix the problem:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

As far as the fan speed problem, here is a location of the high speed fan relay that may need to be replaced or the speed resistor. Check them out (below)

Please let us know what happens, we are interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Ken
KELLYJ1711
  • 2005 GMC SIERRA
One day the A/C fan kept blowing after I turned off the truck. Then it worked fine. The next day it was delayed several minutes before it started blowing. Now sometimes it blows and sometimes it does not. The air is cold and I feel it if I drive fast and the read out controls work fine. It is an SLT digital dual climate display. My brother has the same problem with his 2001 SLE Suburban non digital display. It is like the blower control is fried and it does not know when to work properly. Is there a history of this and how do I fix it?
Thanks,
Kelly
VORTECMAX
  • 2008 GMC SIERRA
Hi there, I am having troubles with my heater fan it works good in the summer but with it gets cold it seems to only work when it wants to. If I start the truck it will work cold but when I go somewhere warm the truck up and turn it off, when I come start it again the fan will not work not on high or anything. But unfortunately if I bang on the bottom cover on the passenger side floor it will slowly start working again. Can you please help me with my problem? I love my truck and this is a silly reason to get rid of it.
It sounds like the blower motor itself is bad. Have you checked that?
+1