I have a 94 gmc safari van with a 4.3
I will start by telling what I did wrong.
I was replacing the alt. And forgot to remove battery. Cable. Needless to say I ark-ed the wire for the main wire that runs to the starter from the alt.
I have had the Alt check and the out put is 14.9 and the voltage regulator is 12. I replaced the wire to the starter with a new one and still I read 10.2 volts. And after 3 days of driving the Battery. Will need charged. Could this be from a bad solenoid on the starter. Maybe I fried that too on my mishap. I need to get this fixed so the wife will for give me on my mishap. Any help will be appreciated.
have the same problem?
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006 AT 7:18 AM