April, 1, 2006 AT 6:37 PM

1997 Olds Cutlass
I am replacing brake pads. How do I get the hydralic wheel cylinder to retract so I can get the pads in.

1 Answer



April, 2, 2006 AT 1:05 PM

It depends on what kind of caliper you have you might need a sertin tool to compress them in or just might need a simple c-clamp to push them in. Look and see if they have two slots or holes side by side or if its just a whole in where the cilinder is if its just a hole all you need is a clamp to compress them in! Dont forget to open the fill tank for the brake fluid just losen the cap before you start.

Please login or register to post a reply.

Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear