BAR'S STOP LEAK FOR COOLING SYSTEMS

GMC

chevrolet_camaro

February, 7, 2006 AT 4:40 AM

My heater core went out driving my car from California to Alaska causing my car to overheat for roughly 10min until I found a place to park it and fix it temporarily. Its a 1999 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8L Stage 2. When it overheated it torched both intake gaskets which both leak now, not horribly but too much for the regular pellet sealer to stop them from leaking. I bought this " new" " head gasket & intake gasket repair" stuff called " bars stop leak" and it sounds like its the way to go to fix these intake gaskets without tearing the motor down. I was just wondering if this is the way to go to seal these leaking gaskets or if there is an alternative method/sealer that may work better. Doing it on Friday, appreciate any feedback.

mvannessjr

February, 7, 2006 AT 8:01 AM

Not going to work for the problem you have. That stuff is ment for small and minor leaks not blown head gaskets.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars