BRAKE LIGHT FUSE BLOWS

1975 GMC

thanosrose

September, 6, 2008 AT 9:39 PM

1975 Other GMC Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 27000 miles

Hello, I have a 75 Vandura and I have a problem blowing brake light fuses. I checked almost all the wiring from front to back except behind the dash, I looked for shorts and burnt wiring, I replaced all bulbs, I put new connectors on most of the wires in the rear, I replaced the brake light switch, I checked all the wiring for my trailer light socket, and yet every time I put a new brake light fuse in and depress the brake pedal it burns out instantly. All lights work-tail lights, parking lights, reverse lights, dome lights, gauge lights, headlights, and still the problem is not fixed. Even the tail lights that share the same bulb as my brake lights works until I push the brake pedal. I put a 12 volt bulb/test light in the place of the brake fuse because I went through 20+ fuses, and all the switches work. I believe it has to be a short with the wiring under the dash but im a big guy and would like to get some opinions before I wedge myself under there or take apart my whole dash.
please help this fat man

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy