Many problems!

SU.WEI
  • GMC JIMMY
1998 GMC Jimmy 67,000 miles. The battery won't turn off. The key will not turn past the battery point. I was using the manual release to turn it all the way back, but now the battery has completely drained. What is causing this, and what part(s) do I need to replace?
Also, my blinker sound goes off all the time. Sometimes it goes normal speed, other times it goes erratically fast. I've noticed that it will stop when I push the brake. What's causing this?
Thanks!
Monday, August 6th, 2007 AT 11:13 PM

LUCKIECOWGIRL
I own a 97 jimmy w/4.3 v-6 I have been through a series of problems cold starts, dead battery, car acting as if it ran out of gas. And they all related to the ignition switch - in time it fried the battery and cable when I took this in to have it repaired the shop broke off the plastic hazzard switch when putting together the dash so they put a nail in there holding down the button so my lights weren't blinking I was unaware of this until the nail poped out. Come to find out there is a 4 way switch that that little plastic piece connects to and costs about $ 400 it connects to the signals hazards horn and brake lights. The brake cancel the signallights etc. I don't know if this helps u at all,
but it might be something to concider. I still haven't completely resolved the issues with my truck so if u have any suggestions for me that would be great
Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 AT 1:14 PM