93 TROUBLE STARTING, PLEASE HELP.

1993 GMC Jimmy

funnylizards

December, 21, 2006 AT 4:39 PM

I know exactly where the problem is because I am having to wedge a stick by my passenger wheel and press where the solenoid is to start the truck. I have tried plenty of tools to try to get in there and tighten the bolt. But it's such a small area, this is not easy to do. Sometimes I can tighten it alittle but after a few days of running, I am having to use the stick again. The starter is fine, it's just the bolt. Can someone tell me the best way of handling this? I hate to have to buy a new starter when this might be a simple fix. I can't get to it from the top. Only by the wheel. Thanks.

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

garfield

December, 23, 2006 AT 6:27 AM

Which bolt are you having to keep tightening? Is it electrical or a mounting bolt. You may try removing the bolt and installing a lock washer so that the vibrations of the engine will not cause the bolt to back out.

Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test