93 GMC JIMMY TROUBLE STARTING, PLEASE HELP.

• funnylizards
  • 1993 GMC Jimmy

I know exactly where the problem is because I am having to wedge a stick by my passenger wheel and press where the solenoid is to start the truck. I have tried plenty of tools to try to get in there and tighten the bolt. But it's such a small area, this is not easy to do. Sometimes I can tighten it alittle but after a few days of running, I am having to use the stick again. The starter is fine, it's just the bolt. Can someone tell me the best way of handling this? I hate to have to buy a new starter when this might be a simple fix. I can't get to it from the top. Only by the wheel. Thanks.

Thursday, December 21st, 2006 AT 4:39 PM

• garfield

Which bolt are you having to keep tightening? Is it electrical or a mounting bolt. You may try removing the bolt and installing a lock washer so that the vibrations of the engine will not cause the bolt to back out.

Saturday, December 23rd, 2006 AT 6:27 AM