1999 GMC Jimmy security/ignition/fuel pump

SHAWNTHOME
  • 1999 GMC JIMMY
Truck was running fine stopped to get gas and would not start. Fuses and relay good. Replaced the oil pressure switch still nothing. It turns over but does not start. The key gets stuck every time. Something has shut the fuel pump off is there something else to check before I can say its actually the fuel pump. Is there a cutoff switch or reset switch. Or another relay somewhere I cant find. Looked behind glove box nothing there.
Friday, August 14th, 2009 AT 7:18 AM

Hello, when you first turn the key on, no crank, can you hear the pump run for a couple seconds? Did you check the circuits at the fuel pump relay? With the engine cranking, do you have spark at the plugs? If you have good B+ and ground at the pump and no pump action, sounds like the pump.
Friday, August 14th, 2009 AT 8:06 AM
SHAWNTHOME
It does turn over but not start, cant hear fuel pump. What circuits do I check. Is it possible for a fuel pump to go out just like that. Or because of the fact that my key gets stuck all the time could it be a security issue shutting down the fuel pump
Friday, August 14th, 2009 AT 4:21 PM
The theft system shouldn't shut down the pump. Pull the fuel pump relay, have helper turn key to crank, use testlite, check the terminals where the relay plugs in, two terminals should be hot.

My info shows a fuel pump prime connector, doesn't give exact location, maybe near the underhood fuse box. Gray wire with connector, nothing plugged into the connector, should be in plain site, not covered-up. Use a jumper wire, run voltage to the connector, I always say to use an inline fuse on the jumper, pump should run, don't need to use the key. It's just a test circuit for the pump. Or, with the relay unplugged, place a jumper across the terminals for the load side of relay, the pump should run. The relays usually have a diagram on them? If you use a jumper on anything make sure you have the correct terminals.
Saturday, August 15th, 2009 AT 9:48 AM
SHAWNTHOME
Well replaced fuel pump and wire harness still nothing. Is there something in the ignition system that could cause no power to the fuel pump.
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 AT 7:38 PM
When you first turn the key on, no crank, the pump should prime for a couple seconds. With the engine cranking, if there is no rpm signal and no oil pressure switch in the pump circuit, my info didn't show an o/p switch in the pump circuit, the pump won't run.

Did you check the circuits at the fuel pump relay?
Thursday, September 3rd, 2009 AT 8:22 AM