NO HEAT

1996 GMC Jimmy

ldbj123

January, 5, 2009 AT 9:11 AM

Heater problem
1996 GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

I replaced the thermastat but I still don't have heat. Once in awhile I get luke warm heat for a little while. Any ideals?

No Heat

I guess your blower works good on all speeds? After everything is warmed up and the hvac controls turned on, can you feel of the heater hoses under the hood, are they both hot?

ldbj123

Yes the blower works on all speeds. The bottom hose is hot but the top one isn't.

January, 6, 2009 AT 8:51 AM

If you can feel air blowing out the vents, then you may need to flush your cooling system.

I did see a bulletin on this vehicle that uses dexcool. If the vehicle was driven a long time with low coolant level, it can cause a rust like substance to form in the coolant system, heater core included. Can you check for coolant flow through the heater core?

I just wanted to add, you might check the heater control valve where applicable.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue