1994 GMC jimmytrouble codes

BHAMMY
  • 1994 GMC JIMMY

I have a1994 gmc jimmy s-15 with the 4.3 vortec engine.I recently purchased a gm code reader and scanned the vehicle. The only code I get is a 82. According to my book it is a ignition system fault-3x signal problem or qdm solenoid a monitered voltage differs from commanded.I cannot find any info on either of these things.I cannot find any mention of either in my mitchell omline. Are there any tests to determine the problem?It seems to be an intermitant fault as the check engine light is not on. The truck has about 220, 00kms, new plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor, fuel filter, air filter, but is just plain hard on fuel, my wifes explorer is out mileaging this truck, or are they just plain bad on gas.

Wednesday, July 26th, 2006 AT 11:31 PM

DEMEARSJR

Have the ignition control module checked. After you remove it, if it tests good or bad when you reinstall it make sure you use the heat sink grease.

Sunday, July 30th, 2006 AT 11:45 PM